Now your overall wedding style & design is decided it is time to begin design and shopping for your dress and the bridal party attire! On our #BLOG today Michelle shares her “Top Tips For An Absolutely Stylish Bridal Party“.
The bridal party style is a reflection of the wedding style along with the personalities of the wedding party. For that quirky,novel wedding dress your bridesmaids in different styles & colours while the mismatched bridesmaid dresses will evolve into a number of different styles.
Bridesmaid Dress Style
- For a modern but still a uniform look pick the colour and fabric but have your bridesmaids choose the style including neckline and silhouette.Or for the complete classic look keep colour,fabric and style the same.
- While for a statement look choose the on trend floral or patterned style. This looks works well for a fun,casual wedding also.
- The long maxi dress is a must for the formal black tie wedding but for the more casual wedding the shorter ballet length is appropriate.
- Sequins add great glamour for an evening wedding and so wearable by the girls to parties afterwards .
- Do take the various shapes of your girls into consideration when choosing the dresses remember what suits the tall slender may not suit the pear shape.
Bridesmaid Dress Colour
- The girls wear same dress colour ombre but in different styles.
- Looking for a complete break with tradition but still a classic, uniform look choose white dresses for your girls .
- While black can be chic, trendy and very wearable afterwards !
- And pastel dresses never go out of fashion especially for a Spring Wedding.
- Blush dresses are quite a safe bet in that the colour works with most skin tones.
Bridal Party Dress Shopping
- For the initial fact finding mission I suggest just bringing one or two of the girls with you as very difficult to make a decision with a large audience.
- Perhaps bring the maid of honour or the bridesmaid who has the colouring /body structure closest to the rest of the party.
- Ask for the girls advice but at end of day you make the decision it is after all your wedding!
- Allow at east three months from order to delivery.
Accessories /Extras For Your Bridal Party
- Co ordinate the girls look with matching shoes and jewellery.
- Consider clutches for the girls so they can carry their make up touch ups /tissues /band aid and of course your make up !
- For the winter wedding a fur stole will add glamour & lux as well as warmth !
- While a Spring /Autumn wedding may call for a pashmina in a matching colour or even your wedding accent colour.
- Remember the extras can be your gift to the girls.
Lots of inspiration to get bridesmaid dress planning & shopping!
Contact Michelle with any questions on her BLOG
Visit Our Directory