Writing Wedding Invitations- How To Approach It!
You are engaged, planning your wedding and deciding how to word your invitations. Mind gone blank? It’s a common thing to hear you didn’t know what your invites should say.
You don’t want your invites to sound formal/unfriendly and put your friends and family in a panic. You want them to be at ease and look forward to your wedding! Here are some writing tips to help you get the word out- We’re getting married and we want to party with you!
- Simplicity, sound like yourself. Bringing out the thesaurus to ask someone to attend your day is a little odd. Keep it light and well written.
- Formality is allowed, as long as your wedding is too. Your invites shouldn’t read smart-casual if your wedding is black-tie.
- It’s nice to include the parents. They needn’t be named, although if they are paying for the wedding they should be.
- Open with a poem or verse from the Bible if it is a religious ceremony.
- Don’t forget the checklist!
We hope this BLOG has helped you with your own writing challenges!