Rehearsal Dinner West Coast Ireland :
Rehearsal Dinners are not standard in Ireland in fact many couples don’t have an event the night before the wedding. However thanks to all of the amazing destination weddings we have organized for couples from the USA in Ireland, lots of venues are now familiar with a rehearsal dinner. Today we share our Top Tips for you Rehearsal Dinner in Ireland.
Traditionally hosted by the parents of the groom but now maybe hosted by the couple or jointly by both sets of parents.
Create a budget for the event incorporating the food & beverage but also decoration and additions such as flowers, entertainment,photography & transportation. If you prefer not to splash the budget a BBQ or cocktail party or even a get together in an Irish pub is very acceptable! As your wedding planners we will incorporate the cost into your overall wedding budget keeping you on track!
While there are no rules the traditional rule of thumb was at least all “out of town” guests are invited. However that will depend on the budget & the hosts. If budget permits particularly as you are having a destination wedding you might like to invite all guests & have it as a Rehearsal Dinner /Welcome Party.
The formality is at the discretion of the hosts but whatever happens ensure not to overshadow the wedding day! If you are having a formal wedding you might opt for casual , more relaxed rehearsal dinner or you may decide to have it formal as a sneak peek of the wedding day .
A BBQ or buffet is ideal for a the casual more relaxed style rehearsal dinner and will allow for good interaction between your guests.
As an alternative rehearsal dinner host a cocktail party with passed hors d’oeuvres and some novel items such as Irish Whiskey Tasting,Guinness & Oysters,Irish Cheese & pull your own pint is very acceptable and terrific way to introduce guests to Irish Culture.
As you are in Ireland the rehearsal dinner can be a time to introduce an Irish theme to the festivities through music, entertainment, food & beverage and decor. Traditional Irish music is sure to get any party going !
The rehearsal dinner can be an ideal occasion to have some toasts & speeches and thus eliminating them from the wedding day when too many will bore guests but also eat into the party time!
- Ceremony Rehearsal attended by wedding party /parents
- Discreet distribution of wedding party gifts by the bride & groom
- Meet & Greet with all of your guests
- Opportunity to formally welcome guests to your very special celebration
- Toasts usually commence with the host – ideal time to introduce some Irish Whiskey!
- Good time to give a reminder of the itinerary for the wedding day with particular emphasis on transportation & timings
Locations for your Rehearsal Dinner at our exclusive venues:
- Ashford Castle – Relive the “Quiet Man” with an intimate evening in Cullen’s Cottage
- Dromoland Castle – BBQ or informal dinner at the Fig Tree
- Knappogue Castle – Take your guests to a fun Medieval Banquet
- Dingle Skellig – The Gallarus Lounge for an informal intimate event
- Sheen Falls Lodge – Informal event in Oscar’s Bistro
- The Lodge at Ashford Castle – Al Fresco cocktails on the lawn overlooking pier
- Muckross Park – Irish night in the Jarvey’s Rest pub
- Jack’s Coastguard Restaurant -coastal dining
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa – Fine dining in the Lake Room
Check out our Directory for more info on our amazing venues for Rehearsal Dinners :
Contact Michelle with your queries:email@example.com
View lots more images on our https://www.pinterest.com/wcwireland/rehearsal-dinners/